Contrary to popular urban legend, the infant Ben X Trinh was not rocketed to Earth from a dying planet.
Though the details of his storied past remain shrouded in mystery, there remains but one incontrovertible truth about Ben X Trinh: he loves to design a good story.
From hand-drawn illustrations to pushing pixels, his skill-set stretches across multiple storytelling formats & platforms. Most recently, he’s added User Experience Design to his toolbox, incorporating the holistic practices of user research, usability testing, wireframing & rapid prototyping.
You should get to know him – he’s a pretty awesome guy.
Skills & Programs
User Experience Design - applies rigorous UX process from user research to rapid prototyping & usability testing.
Sketch & Illustration - excellent hand draftsman at every stage of development from rough concepts to final art.
Comics & Storyboards - mastery of graphic storytelling.
Packaging & Signage - in-depth work experience developing packaging & signage systems.
Adobe Creative Suite - expert-level usage of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign; working knowledge of After Effects.
Prototyping Tools - proficiently skilled with prototyping tools such as Omnigraffle, Sketch App, Invision App, & Tumult Hype.
Presentation - proficiency with Keynote & Powerpoint.
Madwell Creative Agency - Brooklyn, NY 2015-Current
USER EXPERIENCE DESIGNER
- Cross-departmental collaboration in creating beautiful and functional sites, apps, and experiences.
- Taking lead on stakeholder interviews, user research, competitive analysis and resulting synthesis of findings into a cohesive vision & plan of action.
- Designing and planning user testing sessions, including user interviews, focus groups, qualitative surveys, observational research, and shopalongs.
- Creating supportive design models, including personas, sitemaps, user flows, wireframes & prototypes.
- Experimenting with new interaction and design patterns.
HIT Entertainment Division of Mattel/Fisher Price - New York, NY 2013-2015
SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER, GLOBAL CREATIVE SERVICES
Brands: Thomas & Friends, Mike the Knight, Bob the Builder, Fireman Sam
- Strategically led the creative process to develop consumer and trade marketing materials as well as branding, packaging and merchandising design systems.
- Generated style guides and managed their adaptation to regional markets worldwide.
- Conducted ongoing qualitative assessment and refreshment of creative materials.
- Managed outside agencies and freelancers.
HIT Entertainment - New York, NY 2009-2015
GRAPHIC DESIGNER, US CREATIVE SERVICES
Brands: Thomas & Friends, Barney, Angelina Ballerina, Wallace & Gromit
- Conceptualized and executed design materials for all areas of business from ideation to production (identity/logo, illustration, packaging, collateral, merchandising, press kits, retail/environmental systems, DVD, digital, etc.).
- Worked closely with internal and external teams to develop style guides that protect
design continuity across all disciplines.
HIT Entertainment - New York, NY 2007-2009
JUNIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER, US CREATIVE SERVICES
- Generated style guide character art and assets.
- Assisted in the design and preparation of files to print.
- Designed and finalized the layout of style guides.
Rabid Rabbit Anthology- New York, NY 2005-2013
- Collaborated in the concept, design & planning of multi-talent comic series anthology.
- Strategically marketed brand via online and event promotions.
- Created and published story and design content.
User Experience Design Immersive - General Assembly - New York, NY.
MFA Illustration as Visual Essay - School of Visual Arts - New York, NY.
BS Psychology, BA Fine Art - Tulane University - New Orleans, LA.